When you install OpenNI library on ROS Fuerte/Groovy, you might be get the following error. I am using Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit.
openni_tracker [ERROR]: Find user generator failed
Here are some solution in which we can solve this issue
2. Unzip the file into some folder and NITE package folder will look like this
3. Open terminal on the following folder and enter the following commands
$sudo sh uninstall.sh
$sudo sh install.sh
4. After installing NITE, execute the following command and output is as follows
5 . If it is showing like this, you might get rid of our issue , othervice you have to do some more steps
6. If some of the dependencies shows " Library couldnot be loaded because of permission "
you have to go to /usr/lib
and locate each libraries which showing permission issue
for eg if /usr/lib/libXnVFeatures_1_3_1.so showing permission denied.
execute the following command , and do this for all libraries
7 .After changing the all permission , after executing niReg -l , you will not get any permission error in the command output
8. Try to execute openni_tracker after starting roscore plugging the kinect
If it is working , then you are done ,Othervice if the error is look like the following, then you have to do some more steps to get it working
If you get this error , locate the following folder first
and change the permission using the following command
$chmod 777 -R *
After this command , this error will disappear.
Hope this fix will work for you too..
Thanks all ---